new 920 rig final thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well with my 295 oc'd to 650 core im seeing 90C, but thats running F@H which stresses the heck out of the card.

In regular games my load temps stay in the 70's, and crysis pushes it into the 80's. But this is with the stock thermal paste and fan speed only at 55% speed. results from reaaplying tim have been at least a 10C drop, so im gonna try that out and see what happens.

A 295 actually does produce less heat than 285's, but the cores themselves run hotter due to the crappy job they do at applying tim.

ehh well forgive me for giving false advice, but I stand by most newegg reviewers being turds, 90c is pretty hot, I just haven't heard much of that in the way of heat from what reviews I've read, now if these temps are on OC'd 295's I can see that without a doubt but it that stock temps then d***, all-in-all though the GTX 295 is still a monster of a card

im trying to build a comp that will last about 4 or 5 years. heat will only be an issue for the first year because i plan on delving into water cooling eventually. would an aftermarket cooler for the 295 be worth it for now and if so can u recommend one. and i plan on ocing so i need it to be cool

will with an i920 it shouldn't be a problem for 4-5 years as far as an i7 cooler that's something someone who's currently wielding an i7 will have to tell you..

the GTX 295 has some aftermarket water blocks out but as ricanflow said, those temps were running F@H and OC'd so you shouldn't have anywhere near an issue if your just aiming for some Blue-Ray movies, but I must ask....

Are you going to be playing some games on this? would be pointless unless you did :p

those temps i gave you are with an overclocked well over 700 core for my card.

highest load temp i have seen is 61C during vantage, vantage destroys your gpu's (i dont fold so im not compairing it to that)

during regular games and 3dmark06, 55C is peak temp for me.

i do game a little and i am going back to school next fall to work on an engineering degree and i'm sure there will be a lot of programs that will need the power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom