Possible upgrades coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you must get a dual core, then you should either go for a decent P43~P45 board paired with an E5200.

Or the X2 7750 from AMD.

Both are great chips.

haha you obviously have not read the thread lol. my dilemma is i don't have enough money to get a new board, and my current board is am2, tossing out the x2 7750.

He doesn't have a am2+ motherboard though, he has a regular am2 one so there is no guarantee it would work.

That board is old and wont really support anything worth while getting.

Might as well save for an x3 and a new am2+ board.

My previous board was also an nforce 5 chipset.

I figured going from my 2.1 oc'ed to 2.3ghz to like 3.0 ghz would be a considerable upgrade? I need to get a new case and gpu still, I just don't have the money for a new mobo and $125 cpu.

You could always get a p43 motherboard and a e5200. With a decent cooler you should have no problem getting over 3ghz and it would be quite a bit cheaper than a x3.

Hmm... looks like I'm going to have to get all new stuff. I was hoping I could just get an x2 black edition or something and OC to like 3.0 ghz and see a nice performance upgrade.

I figured going from my 2.1 oc'ed to 2.3ghz to like 3.0 ghz would be a considerable upgrade? I need to get a new case and gpu still, I just don't have the money for a new mobo and $125 cpu.

it would be somewhat of an upgrade.

You could always get a p43 motherboard and a e5200. With a decent cooler you should have no problem getting over 3ghz and it would be quite a bit cheaper than a x3.

But it would not be as good as an X3, which is just an X4 with a disabled core.

Hmm... looks like I'm going to have to get all new stuff. I was hoping I could just get an x2 black edition or something and OC to like 3.0 ghz and see a nice performance upgrade.

If i were you i would do it.

You can sell off your current rig for at least $200 if you know how to sell things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom