8-12 cores

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, i have no idea why your getting worse performance,

my 6400be and 7750be can not touch my 940 in performance.

well only in Crysis and Crysis Warhead i get 10 fps lower performance is all. Probably because the game is optimized for dual-cores and not quad-cores.

well only in Crysis and Crysis Warhead i get 10 fps lower performance is all. Probably because the game is optimized for dual-cores and not quad-cores.

That really doesnt seem right. From memory the Phenom IIs held up pretty well in crysis. And it also says in that article "Sandia simulations have shown that moving from dual core to four core processors offers a significant increase in performance. However, the team has found that moving from four cores to eight cores offers an insignificant performance gain."

So it shouldnt be a problem going from 2-4 cores. I would look into it more mate, something might be up with your PC, or maybe its the way you used to have crysis configured....? I dont know, doesnt sound right.

This might be why intel is only releasing 6core i7s. Maybe there is a bit of work to be done to make 8-12 cores with increased performance.

Well i7's have 8 threads.... if they made a new 8 core i7 and disabled HT wouldnt it look like the same amount of cores to most programs?

PS: My knowledge is limited in this area so please educate me.

Cool, so then 8 cores with HT off would be a good step up because each thread is an actual core.

Yeah hyperthreading does improve performance in multithreaded applications but it's nowhere near having physical cores.

that is why i get worse performance on my Phenom II 940 then i did with my Athlon 64 x2 5000+ BE?

Are you still running your cpu overclocked at the settings that failed Burn Test?

A PII should be faster than a 5000+ regardless of how many cores the program is using.

you should not be getting worse performance.

Im getting way better performance than my 5000+.

well i just am for only Crysis and Crysis Warhead. Settings are almost all maxed too for both games. Was before maxed but now i have to turn down settings but i dont get back my fps average before. Before i got, in Crysis everything maxed, 25-35 fps average, in Crysis Warhead everything maxed, 15-25 fps average. Now, just take away 10 fps away from Crysis and 8 fps away from Crysis Warhead, that is what i get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom