Problem possible power supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.
so you get no post? (boot beep) if not.. take out all your Ram, GPU and any other slot cards you have in.. then replace them back in 1 by 1 and try booting first with none.. then one at a time, add 1 stick of ram see if it posts add the GPU and see if it posts.. but try with none first as I said and that will tell you if one of your slot cards is causing your problem.

The other power supply did not work
I get no posts hampton and I have already done the second part.

Send back the Mobo.

That is exactly what I have already setup. After the power wouldnt work with a reliable power source it could really only be one problem.

I might make a new topic but I have a question for you stevo since you have been so helpful.

I noticed something after the second time I took my processor out. I cannot be positive but I think I might have accidently got a very very small amount of thermoseal on it. I noticed 3 of the connectors on the proc was a lil gray. It is not noticable in the least bit but it is there. Could have happened during one of the times taking it out maybe it touched something or whatever the case. My question is will that cause it not to work? If it is a major problem is there any possible way of getting it off?

Thermal paste should not be the problem, i had a little thermal paste on one of the cpu pins before but i just blew it off with can air. The main thing is that your board is not taking in the power from your psu so it has to be the mobo. As long as you put the cpu in the right way w/o damaging any pins then it will be okay.

Thermal paste should not be the problem, i had a little thermal paste on one of the cpu pins before but i just blew it off with can air. The main thing is that your board is not taking in the power from your psu so it has to be the mobo. As long as you put the cpu in the right way w/o damaging any pins then it will be okay.

Cool I wasnt sure how well that crap actually sticks to surfaces because to get it off my hand was a $#%#.... Ya no pins are bent on either and I will be sending the mobo back tomorrow. Thanks for the help.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom