System Volume Information.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Merlin

Daemon Poster
What the heck is in that file and why can't I open it?:angry:

In the C: drive, main area, there is a file called System Volume Information, I can't open it, it says access denied:confused:

When I defragged the HD it says that whatever the hell is in there is fragmented?:rolleyes:

I got a torjan the other day, I thought AVG got rid of it, but AVG pops up a window every now and then saying it is still there, I think it says its in that damn folder:angry: Does AVG not detect it because the folder is blocked?:confused:

I noticed my computer is kinda slow, so how do I get in that dag folder?:confused:

I used the "Using CACLS with Windows XP Home Edition Using the NTFS File System" then turned off system restore and nothing happened? :confused: In the DOS window or whatever it is, it would say that the directory processed and then the System Volume Information folder path?:confused:

Can a trojan even get in that folder?:confused:

The Merlin said:
I used the "Using CACLS with Windows XP Home Edition Using the NTFS File System" then turned off system restore and nothing happened? :confused: In the DOS window or whatever it is, it would say that the directory processed and then the System Volume Information folder path?:confused:

Can a trojan even get in that folder?:confused:

I would'nt think so, it would be in your restore folder. run your av in safe mode and see what happens.

MicroBell said:
Actually it can. What happens is that the trojan got on your system. Sometime right after that XP made an Automatic restore point of the system that contained the trojan. So...now there's a copy in your "System Volume Information Folder" (Restore Folder) and thats what AVG is detecting.

To clean.....disable system restore.....reboot the PC and re-enable system restore. This will clear ALL restore points and the trojan located in that folder.

This is the way to go-I had a brain fart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom