Case Window Scratches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya i looked at several of the repair kits and checked out those links appreciate it.
maybe I will leave it until i upgrade what I am going to.
Probability I will scratch it again 75%
Probability I will scratch it again right after If I polish it out 100%
Hey maybe I'll do what i need to and buy a window "etched glass" looking radioactive symbol sticker and call it modded :D
I was baffled that my finger wiping across it scratched it like that i barely touched it. ah well Murphies rule states:
You will always try and open the garbage bag from the wrong end first
and (in my case) you will scratch your new case doing something stupid the first week.:eek:

a scratch here, a scratch there, as long as it doesnt hurt my performance, its all good.

i got a nice dime'd size scratch in my side panel for when i was cutting my window hole out, wish it wasnt there but oh well for me. nobody really see's it but me.

but for you perfectionists out there, this could be a huge headache for ya and i can see why.

good luck with what ever you choose to polish it out.

I dunno man thats exactly what i thought.. but what could be wrong?
I mean heck i opened the case installed my drive seated the cable saw a hair
wiped it with my finger and closed it and saw exactly where i did it a smudge, (i thought) so i wiped it with cotton and it was not a smudge was a bunch of light scratches and the cotton added more maybe some wierd dust was on it. my old case was windowed and i never had that issue so i dunno. In the dark with the case lights you can't really see it so much so heck with it.
I was just hoping someone knew some fast and proven product that might clean it up. worse comes to worse down the road when i get ready and start really messing with it I can get it replaced If i have to.
Your right maybe I am just being too anal .. but its so new..and shiny.. ah well lol

I dunno man thats exactly what i thought.. but what could be wrong?
I mean heck i opened the case installed my drive seated the cable saw a hair
wiped it with my finger and closed it and saw exactly where i did it a smudge, (i thought) so i wiped it with cotton and it was not a smudge was a bunch of light scratches and the cotton added more maybe some wierd dust was on it. my old case was windowed and i never had that issue so i dunno. In the dark with the case lights you can't really see it so much so heck with it.
I was just hoping someone knew some fast and proven product that might clean it up. worse comes to worse down the road when i get ready and start really messing with it I can get it replaced If i have to.
Your right maybe I am just being too anal .. but its so new..and shiny.. ah well lol

Was it possible you had cleaner, glue or some other chemical on your finger when you touched they case? If the side panel was acrylic (plexiglass) even the fumes from stuff like super glue can etch it. (I learned that the hard way)

Use a screen cleaner pad made out of velvet is it? Put a dab of toothpaste and try to buff it out it can take several sessions but the toothpaste chould gradually fill the microscratches

Well i'll be.....
I went baught some reg old Crest with non a that "whitener or baking soda" etc
just green normal crest used a piece of silk and sure enough it lessened the scratches to barely noticeable.
I used toothpaste for Hickies removal when i was young and filling nail holes when i was old but never would have known for scratch removal. heh
I did however also order this
MisterPlexi - Novus Plastic Polish Cleaner and Scratch Remover for Plexiglas, acrylic, Lucite and plastic
Thanks guys

Scratch detection and repair its a fine line (pun intended) well if ya can't see it its not there.
I removed every scratch window looks crystal clear by the fan lights glow.
I unplugged the big blue cathode and voila no scratches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom