TV/ monitor resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thresh25

Daemon Poster
I got an hdmi to dvi cable for my Westinghouse 26" TV. Before I was at 1024 by 768 and to me it looked fine but I wanted better. So now the resolution is at 720P resolution, 1600 x 900, and it looks good except for my letters on descriptions for my desktop are sort of blurry and even this is. Maybe I just need to get used to it, or do you think it would be my video card can't handle that resolution?

Would getting a better video card fix my problem? Thanks in advance.

1600x900 is not 720p resolution, this could cause some bluryness. If your tv set is 720p then the resolution is likely 1366×768. If your computer can output that, do that, if not try 1280x720 resolution.

Ahh odd. That's what it was just set as. I could do 1336 x 768 when i had it hooked up via VGA, but now with hdmi to dvi when i set it to that the screen goes black and says detecting. Then it just resets itself back to 1600 x 900 because the ticker or w/e runs out efore i can click ok to set it as the other.

Bump. sorry, but found out native resolution is at 1336x768, but when i try that it says detecting, but then the 15 seconds run out and it changes back to 1280x1024

I'm not too sure what to do. Try changing to the resolution on a monitor, then plugging it into the TV. I think its kind of a long shot tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom