Parts Pr0n or "The Final Build"

Status
Not open for further replies.
... the LAST THREE? Sometimes I wonder about the people on this forum... Wish I could do upgrades and such like that...

Well for the most part i upgrade then sell off my "old" parts. Sold the 24" acer monitor, shipping that tommorow. I already have someone who wants the 4870, and hopefully should be able to sell the 260s next week. Just need to sell a few more parts. Its a hobby, its still cheaper than cars and women.:laughing:

...its still cheaper than cars and women.:laughing:
That's what I keep telling my wife. It's cheaper than buying tools too, and many other hobbies...

Very nice upgrade BTW :eek:

Let us know how you like that CM PSU. I have one, but was really skeptical at first. I've been very pleasantly surprised.

So far all of the reviews of it have been glowing. VERY stable rails, as in ZERO ripple. Plus 88% efficiency at like 60% and 85% at 75% load, so the extra cost should be made up in electricity savings :)

That is true... I have a 600 watt psu that is around 80% efficient at 75% load, but anything above that and it drops drastically... So my bill gets quite high... But it isn't cheaper than quality tools as they last. :p

Just wish I had that kind of money, im usualy 2-4 generations behind....

^yeah, for the last 4 years i was atleast one gen behind. This is the first year i have been trying to keep up with it. Im already planning my I7 build and i might step up my 2core 216. But it is probably 4-5 months off, if not more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom