THE BEST gaming board????

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonga

Baseband Member
i want to buy mobo which has no problems.

no rebooting ,no sli probs no ram probs

i've heard that asus p6t has a lot ov them and intel doesn't support sli

i havnt checked on giga byte ,evga ,biostar,nvidia

which one ov them is the best for gaming with no probs........???

I assume you are looking for an i7 motherboard. These are probably among the best:
Biostar TpowerX58
Evga X58
Gigabyte EX58-UD5
Asus P6T, haven't heard of any problems with these

I would recommend eVGA. I purchased a 780i and its been nothing but good to me and my games. No sLI problems, nothing.

Asus Rampage II extreme
Corsair Dominator GT 2000mhz 6GB kit
Nvidia 295
Corsair 1000hx

^ The Rampage has good chipset cooling, but is overpriced for a motherboard. You can get the same results with the other boards I listed.

gt7 has good picks. Biostar TPower X58 or the Asus P6T are the ones you should be looking at.

Of course no motherboard guarantees not to have problems. They're far too complex for none to ever go wrong.

^ The Rampage has good chipset cooling, but is overpriced for a motherboard. You can get the same results with the other boards I listed.

It's not that much over priced considering you get a decent sound card... I havn't heard the difference between the Creative x-fi that comes with the rampage and say the creative x-fi fatality, but it works great for me and comes with an digital out or whatever that plug is for your receiver. We'll i just checked the prices...I got my rampage for 380 and the p6t was 320ish, seems the rampage went back up to 389 and the p6t to 299.

Just different price points. 60 bucks extra for the rampage w/ a sound card was worth it to me.

does the biostar tpower x58 guarantees a clean run...............i.e:no over heatings ,no bios probs ,sli mode probs........................ive read a review on newegg about p6t....with 12GB ram and sli mode the pc has to reboot itself several times .............................. is this a prob with the biostar one?

ive to finalize a deal..............

As Baez said, no motherboard will guarantee a 'clean' run. Especially if you're a novice at computer building. I hate to say it, but the best gaming computer, that shouldn't have problems with anything (running, and being stable that is), is a prebuilt, or a custom from someone who builds, and will test before they deliver the product. When building your own computer, you ALWAYS have a chance to get hiccups at first.

yeh half the fun of building your own comp is smoothing out the raw edges, it's not a huge deal though, the Rampage II Extreme is pretty sick, comes with a great sound card, has an awesome name, and looks beast. But as far as features and functionality any good x58 mobo gives you great numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom