With a new hard drive, can i copy music to it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

westy159

In Runtime
.. without disrutping my itunes' song destinations?

I have over 3000 songs on my itunes, each one with its own destination for where itunes will find it
i.e. C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Downloads\Arctic Monkeys - 505.mp3

So if i were to copy all my music to the new hard drive, these destinations wouldn't work. And it'd be a hard job putting them all in again i guess.

I was thinking of using ghost to just make a copy of my current hard drive (as its pretty much everything, not just music that id like on the new HD) but if it can only make a partition of the same size as the current HD (80GB) thats not quite what i want.

What do you suggest? Thanks.

delete them all from the itunes library, move the files, add them to the library. Thats what I would do.

There is a way to go into itunes after you move them and redirect the library to look in your new location, but I am not sure of the steps. I don't own an ipod. Try Google.

If all the songs are in the same folder, just point iTunes to the right folder. Copy all the music to the new folder, then open iTunes. Then go to Edit, then preferences. Click the advanced tab and change the location of the iTunes folder.

It may take a while to do this, as iTunes will have to associate all of the 'new' songs with itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom