*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark Vantage Rankings*

re: The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark Vantage Rankings

Geez guess I'm not too bad off then. Should I mess with OCing the Video Card since its a bit OC out of the box to begin with? I might try OCing the CPU though just a bit prolly at least 2.8-3.0

Geez guess I'm not too bad off then. Should I mess with OCing the Video Card since its a bit OC out of the box to begin with? I might try OCing the CPU though just a bit prolly at least 2.8-3.0

you will not notice the difference in games really.
overclocking is mostly for benchmarks. a small overclock isnt really worth it for regular play in games.

your frames per second (fps) will or should be high enough that you would not see any real world improvements.

i dont run my rig @ the clocks i used for my benchmarks.
i run my video card @ stock and my cpu @ 3.2 to 3.4 depending on the mood im in when downclocking it for normal use.

Well, here's the latest bench results from my new rig. I'll be upgrading to the QX9770, another GTX 285, and 8gb DDR3-1800 in the near future so it should bump me a little higher.

q95502ql9.jpg

q9550gl3.jpg

Yeah I definately do. I ran Crysis on all High settings with 4x AA and it ran flawlessly for about 2 hours straight video card never went above like 67 C. Im happy =D

Yeah I got higher than that with a single 260...my systems the exact same as your pretty much and i got a 14,800 with one 260

On Vantage or 3dmark06?
Man i wonder why i got spanked like that, well dang.

On Vantage or 3dmark06?
Man i wonder why i got spanked like that, well dang.

Dont worry about it too much, dont trust benchmark scores by themselves. The nvidia 200 series do pathetically in 3dmark06, even though in all REAL games the do extremely well. I just got my GTX285 and im seeing at least a 2x increase in things like crysis compared to my old 8800GTS 320mb. In 3dmark06 though, my score only went from about 9,500 to 14,200...

Heres my Vantage score, low overclock and Stock GPU settings. Ill work on some overclocking.

14,190 | meat_helmet | Q6600 @ 3.0GHz | GTX285 @ Stock | Vista 64bit ORB - Compare

P7781 | Burninator | [*COLOR=blue]Q6600 @ 3.6GHz[/color] | [*COLOR=Red]HD4850 @ 690/1080[/color] | Windows 7 64 bit

im not registered on the site, so here is a screen

vantage.jpg

question: is that cpu score a little low? seems low to me...

Back
Top Bottom