New monitor, what to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have owned three acer monitors, all three were terrible with handling gtg, one after a month dimmed and started having major backlight bleeding. The other seemed to get less vivid on bright colors. The other one was fine other then the gtg handling.

I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents on acer monitors... actually a lot of acer things i have owned or had experience with have had major problems that annoyed me, IMO they do not make very quality products (at least most of the ones i have owned were not quality) and now forced me not to buy from that company. But many people like acer, and good for them, but i do not.

^ What model do you have? I have an Acer 22" X223 and I have no problems like that. It's one of the best monitors I've ever owned.

Its a 19" p191w... its only a temporary monitor until I can afford to upgrade to a 26". My old 22" sceptre died so I'm stuck with this =/

umm about a year and 8 months i think. but the dvi input broke withing the first 2 months, then I switched to hdmi which broke another month or two later so i was stuck using vga. I didnt feel like going through the effort of rma'ing with them. they told me to fill out some form off of their terrible website, and thats when i gave up. i just dealt with vga until it broke now i'm saving up for a t260hd. i cant wait to get it.

I bought the 21.5 inch 1080P resolution from ASUS recently, I love it to death. No dead pixels, easy tuning for brightness levels (was a tad bright to start) HD ready (however came with no HD cable, so make sure if your going to use one, head over to Newegg, or wherever, and buy you one, a 10ft one was $12 US I believe) This one was, $220 I believe, with shipping, so you have room for higher budget and bigger screen, but Asus is reccomended by me, it has had 0 issues, and only the very small amount of "backlight bleed" which is normal for any LCD due to how they are made. This also works well with xbox 360 as a screen, and has built in speakers that are way higher quality then I expected (won't handle Bass too well of course, but decently loud despite the odd placement (they face the rear...)

The stand is a tad 'weak' and wobbily, kinda flimsy plastic, it's not a major concern, just if you push hard on the power you tend to make it wiggle, or if you pound on your keyboard you might notice some, some simple fixes would alleviate this, and I believe it can be wall-mounted to prevent it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom