Cooler Master HAF932 or Antec 1200 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks !Thanks !
Do you use any additional fans or are the built-in fans enough for sufficient cooling?

no but u can add fans. There are vents on the bottom of the case to add two 120mm fans. The bigger the fan, the more air will be sucked in for better cooling. A lot quieter too if the fans are bigger. RPM is lower though, mine run around 748 rpm however suck more air then any other fan. I say just stay with the fans that come with the case. The only problem i found with this is cheap wheels, no fan filters, i already see dust on the fan vents on the side. The front vent i cracked one of the rims when i was lifting it.

0130091938.jpg

I picked up the 1200 as my folding case just a couple of weeks ago and I have to admit, I like it, quality doesn't compare to my Lian Lis but for $$$ vs airflow I can't complain. Now I have big plans for it:

- dump the led fans
- serious wire management via mobo tray and re-wiring
- new window

Which addresses many of the negatives people have towards it i guess...can't comment on the HAF though, have never used one. A little to much for me, i'm more of a plain guy. Stage 2 of my build will change the front panels grills on the 1200 and the paint scheme...so i guess i see a whole different case when i look at my 1200 :p but other than the depth and LEDs, which aspire mentioned, i don't have any complaints.

well it was my mistake MY mistake on how i held on when i was lifting it. HAF is a very wonderful case and a must buy imo. You wont regret it.

My current wire management:

0207092119.jpg

0202092031.jpg

I've got the HAF too. I never bothered with the wheels though.

If anything I'd go for those neat red LED legs XD.

Cooling is great, It's very quiet when the videocard fan isnt spinning at like 80%.. wire managment is great, I like the look of it. The tool-less construction works Pretty well, though I'd recommend putting a screw or two into the dvd rom. The toolless bay drives aren't as secure as the ones in the Cosmos. There can be some vibration if not screwed in.

Other than that, dust is a bit of a bother but whatever. just take it out to the garage and blow it off with an air compressor once every couple weeks. Takes 5 min.
or grab some canned air to spray and use a small vaccum to suck up the dust if no compressor ^^

And you won't damage the case if you lift it properly :/ *pokes wild* lol

I've got the HAF too. I never bothered with the wheels though.

If anything I'd go for those neat red LED legs XD.

Cooling is great, It's very quiet when the videocard fan isnt spinning at like 80%.. wire managment is great, I like the look of it. The tool-less construction works Pretty well, though I'd recommend putting a screw or two into the dvd rom. The toolless bay drives aren't as secure as the ones in the Cosmos. There can be some vibration if not screwed in.

Other than that, dust is a bit of a bother but whatever. just take it out to the garage and blow it off with an air compressor once every couple weeks. Takes 5 min.
or grab some canned air to spray and use a small vaccum to suck up the dust if no compressor ^^

And you won't damage the case if you lift it properly :/ *pokes wild* lol

lol. Well im very careful and plan on keeping this case as long as i can.

as for the dust situation, ya no fan filters. Use compressed air cans or use a step-on mattress pump, that is what i use and i saved myself moniez :p. Lucky me.

Awesome !

Thanks guys, I will get that HAF932 !

Do you know if it's possible to shut down those red LEDs without shutting down the fan they are connected to?
I think those would annoy me quite a bit.

Awesome !

Thanks guys, I will get that HAF932 !

Do you know if it's possible to shut down those red LEDs without shutting down the fan they are connected to?
I think those would annoy me quite a bit.

hmm u shouldnt be annoyed by the red lights really. Not super bright. Only super bright LED lights is the HDD and Power LED blue lights on top of the case. I have a cut out note card covering it so at night it doesnt wake up my bro, it is that bright! Like a flashlight!

I don't think theres a way as far as I know. I find the red LED very easy on the eyes. Doesn't bug me when I sleep.

Honestly The red led on the front fan isn't really bright anyway. Especially with the thick grill in front of it.

Blue on the other hand drives me crazy when im lying down for the night. The power led is SUPER bright. I've got to have it covered. That little light alone lights up my room quite a bit lol. a bit surprising

I guess an alternative would be to find a led free replacement fan for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom