Cpu Heatsink/fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
so if i want to replace 3 fans and a cpu/heatsink what do u suggest 1 of the fans is a 60 mm and the others are 80 or something i think..

well if you want the absolute best HEATSINK....mind you it doesn't come with a fan but put a tornado on it (might want a fan controller though) and you got some NICE air cooling, probably better than the tornado. The SLK-900A is supposed to be the most optimum heatsink on the market. Can handle 80 and 92mm fans that are either x25 or x38mm the (80x32 are high performance fans like the tornado as with 92x38 obviously)

http://www.svc.com/thslcl.html

Mind you they aren't building a heatsink AND fan...they are out to build THE BEST heatsink....period....but its also $35 :D Mine will be arriving tuesday and I'm gonna lap that slut with a mirror finish and I'm doing a whole lot of crazy crap to my computer. My 'mod' coming up....damn svc delayed my order though! :angry:

If you want illuminated (UV/LED) fans - Stick with Antec. If you want complete silence, then go with the Vantec Stealth.

ok ill look through antec (seems to be that i keep getting more parts from them...) ill look for some good side fans and a good rear fan and then replace hte heatsink/fan and everything should be grand..

Nah, I just PM'd you about it AGEX....I contacted a guy at svc.com directly instead of going through support@blah cause he'd respond within the day. I had one coolermaster product so they said that those items are in a different section of the warehouse and the guy in charge didn't notice the orders =/ How organized eh? So what shoulda been here friday just got shipped out friday. Will be here tuesday and hopefully I'll have lots of pics (if I can steal my friends moms camera) and a nice lengthy case modding adventure with lots of air cooling and possibly couple little things to try that I don't think have been done before. Nothing major and it might not even accomplish anything so I'm not even gonna mention it. But yeah...hopefully tuesday =/

Nubius i was just reading ur specs and noticed that u had fans stacked as exaust.. does stacking exaust fans actually do something?

just put it into a perspective like this, dashiznit. Its all about air convection. Rear intake and front bay intake with a higher throughput going to the side will forcibly draw the air across the components much faster causing greater circulation and that convection will pull the heat from components and aid in heat sink transfer via forced thermal air convection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom