final build comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
500W is a great PSU. You will find that a lot of members on this site swear by Corsair PSU's, which is great because Corsair make some very good ones, but that isn't to say that there are no alternatives. I used an XCilio PSU, and it works great for my build. That Thermaltake PSU is perfect for your budget and needs.

Imo i would not get it..but to each his own. *also i recommend mostly corsair psu not because people like them on the forum but because i have used quite a few and never seen performance better then them for their price.

also any psu that cheap i would never trust.
He would have to get a mobo with G45/G43 chipset for onboard video. How well would they overclock compared to a P45 chipset? Or maybe he's not into overclocking, then I guess it wouldn't matter.

he did not list an after market cooler so i would assume he is not ocing. even if he were, it is not for gaming so he would not need a large oc, so any decent mobo would do.

Dude, for a 500w, it's not that cheap. You want to talk about cheap, look at the 450-600w PSUs that are 20 or 30 bucks. And the thermaltake is normally 70 bucks...what more do you want? It just happens to be cheaper right now, and have a MIR.

Dude, for a 500w, it's not that cheap. You want to talk about cheap, look at the 450-600w PSUs that are 20 or 30 bucks. And the thermaltake is normally 70 bucks...what more do you want? It just happens to be cheaper right now, and have a MIR.

o_0? you think its a great deal and a great psu, good for you, i personally DON't... why do you have a problem with that? I prefer my brands, from experience of using those brands.

o_0? you think its a great deal and a great psu, good for you, i personally DON't... why do you have a problem with that? I prefer my brands, from experience of using those brands.

I don't have a real problem with that, I was just stating my opinion on the matter. o_O Sorry if you thought I was trying to argue.

The Thermaltake is a fine PSU, I would stick with that.

You know, for just a little more money, you could get an AMD Phenom II 920 and a 790GX board (which has great onboard video, about the equivalent of that 9500GT there), and you can always get a good dedicated card later.

the integrated gfx on that is "about" equal to a 8500GT. the 9500gt is a rebranded 8600gts. the 8600 is better than the 8500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom