New monitor, what to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ What model do you have? I have an Acer 22" X223 and I have no problems like that. It's one of the best monitors I've ever owned.

agreed. i have the same as this ^^ in my office. never had a problem with it. i have an x243w on my gaming rig and it is a beautiful monitor.
that P243wAid that newbie listed is on sale at newegg for 260 this week with free shipping if you subscribe to the newsletter.
use promo code EMCLNMN23

agreed. i have the same as this ^^ in my office. never had a problem with it. i have an x243w on my gaming rig and it is a beautiful monitor.
that P243wAid that newbie listed is on sale at newegg for 260 this week with free shipping if you subscribe to the newsletter.
use promo code EMCLNMN23

you beat me trotter-roni.

I use to have a 19" Samsung , it was pretty nice. When i built this new pc i bought a Dell2407WFPHC. Dell actually makes awesome monitors, just horrible computers lol.

Westinghouse is owned by dell if my memory is correct. Alienware also comes with Dell made monitors. You rarely hear people complain about either of those monitors and they are the exact same as Dell, just a different Name on the front.

One piece of advice i can give you is to make absolute sure your Monitor is HDCP compliant. If you ever want to be able to hook up a blu-ray player/ps3/xbox360 via HDMI or DVI-HDMI you will need that.

I honestly think the samsungs, while awesome, are way overpriced. That 24" acer that's on sale at newegg is a great buy.

I honestly think the samsungs, while awesome, are way overpriced. That 24" acer that's on sale at newegg is a great buy.

I agree with the above Acer deal.. it looks to be as nice as my 22" HP but the Acer is 24" and its cheaper than mine was.

Samsung's aren't cheap but I think they are worth it. I love my 932BW+, I could have gotten a 22" acer that was only slightly more expensive but the Samsung looked so much better it made up for it being smaller.

Samsung's aren't cheap but I think they are worth it. I love my 932BW+, I could have gotten a 22" acer that was only slightly more expensive but the Samsung looked so much better it made up for it being smaller.

To each their own. I think Acers are great values for the money...I think even if I could afford a giant Samsung, I'd still go with the Acer just to save me some dough.

I agree Acer's are a good value and proably are the better option for most people.

I am somewhat picky abut picture quality and since I keep my monitors for a long time I don't mid paying a little more up front to get the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom