Idea: Copper CPU Head?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius- ona heat pipe type of heatsink... wheather the fins are copper or aluminum, thy are not molded together, thy are welded or soldered

....I never said they were 'molded' look up what skivved means man. They take a solid block and use a CNC Machine to cut out grooves in the copper which turn out to be the fins...therefore its a solid piece.....others than aren't solid are soldered, glued, or welded like you said....but yeah I never said molded...get your terms right

oh, forgot to mention a few other things. they do not technically "release heat" per say, but instead it is transfered but actually the air that is picking up the heat energy due to it being cooler. if you now anything about physics then you'll realize that the most important thing and the only important thing is thermal conduction. think about it like this, as I said they do NOT give up heat. remember when something is heated up, the molecules become agitated, or exited and inturn excites the next in line. this is how the heat spreads. now, it doesn't release the heat, instead it excites molecules in the air and air in itself isn't great at conduction, so thats when forced convection is used (fans). another example, when you touch something hot what is happening is the excited molecules are transfering energy to the molecules of your body creating heat energy. put it simply, a cold heat sink is BAD. a hot heat sink is good. if its cold, its not conducting heat properly. might as well use a chunck of wood. if its hot, its conducting the heat.

in case someone argues the point of "what about when you feel heat without touching it" that is NOT heat dissapation. that is radiation, yes a form of heat but and VERY little impact. I'll look around for a sight to help explain this better, as this is actually not a simple topic and can be quite involved in explaining.

wow killian, very nice. I see ur interested in fizics. hehe. very usefull post. Good job. I was thinking bout posting somehting like that, but im to lasy to type that much, hehe. Very well done, hehe

see.....those diamonds are insane...one day I will have my diamond made heatsink......one day my friends.....one day......

i bet bill gates already has his diamond heat sink, just ask to barrow one of his and dont give it back

psht bill gates has probably already had some new element created just for him thats not yet known by any other man.....a super heatsink derived from Billtanium must be contained within a 3 inch steel case due to sub-kelvin temperatures.....

Ok stupid...... heat sends through copper way faster then alum so when it gets sent faster it can get pushed away from the cpu faster which is why a copper heatsink is better then one made out of something else.

It can also hold more heat. Thats why its hot to the touch. If you're heat sink is cool to the touch, contrary to what many believe, its NOT doing its job. It should be hot otherwise it's not transfering enough heat.

Ok stupid...... heat sends through copper way faster then alum so when it gets sent faster it can get pushed away from the cpu faster which is why a copper heatsink is better then one made out of something else.
:rolleyes: ignorant child...heat doesn't SEND itself through copper....copper absorbs it better than aluminum...they've already discussed this..don't come into a post saying OK STUPID...it doesn't get PUSHED away from the CPU either...the copper ABSORBS the heat FROM the CPU and like killian has explained like 5 freakin times..the heat STAYS in the copper. Aluminum is made for cost reasons and beyond that I think heat dissipates quicker off the metal.

It can also hold more heat. Thats why its hot to the touch. If you're heat sink is cool to the touch, contrary to what many believe, its NOT doing its job. It should be hot otherwise it's not transfering enough heat.

Damn straight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom