Best Media Organizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

spigen

In Runtime
I have a larger HD movie collection on my hard drives. I was wondering if there are any programs out there that can organize them. Some like windows media player for music. showing the movie cover, info, able to organize them in several different ways.

media center doesn't seem to recognize .mkv files and I'm sure there are some better programs out there.

thanks.

VLC Player will most likely be the biggest suggestion. As it can play MKV files. You might want to try the KLite Codec pack as well.

VLC Player will most likely be the biggest suggestion. As it can play MKV files. You might want to try the KLite Codec pack as well.

I use vlc player, I just want something that i can organize them with like a movie cover, movie info, etc..

I just use folders, then right click -> arrange icons by -> name/type

If I want to find a specific file, I start typing the name of it. Explorer then highlights a file with the name you type.

I was just wondering if there is some sort of program out there, that would allow you to like flow/file/scan, through movie covers. Kinda like a coverflo options. Then once you click on it, you get IMDB.com info or something cool about the movie. Then the option to pick the media player once you clicked on it to watch it.

you have to pay for the good ones. I messed with a couple a few years ago. they were nice. but then i wiped my computer and forgot about them and just start using regular media player.

kmplayer is nice but it don't organize video like the other players

I use a couple different. Boxee, MediaPortal and XBMC. I prefer Boxee and XBMC. I had a few problems with XBMC and older computers with older graphics cards, but videos still played fine with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom