rating/suggestions for a new build

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBouncer404

Beta member
Hey everyone, I'm looking to build a new gaming rig, and have thrown together a fairly inexpensive build on newegg that I was hoping to get some feedback on. Its been about 4-5 years since I built my last one, and am kind of out of the loop on what parts are good nowadays, so any suggestions are very welcome. :) I also want to make sure all parts are compatible as well before buying it. Thanks!

MoBo - ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe AM2+/AM2 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard

CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 940 Deneb 3.0GHz Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Black Edition

Vid card - HIS Hightech H485FN512P Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP

Powersupply - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI

Memory - OCZ Reaper HPC 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit

CD/DVD - Sony Optiarc 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Black SATA Model AD-7220S

Hard drive - Western Digital RE3 WD3202ABYS 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s

Case - XION Solaris XON-403 Black with Green LED Light Steel ATX Mid Tower

Also thinking about a better heatsink fan for CPU - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler

Looks good :) Can't really recommend anything. I've heard good things about that cooler, though. Didn't notice an OS, do you already have one?

Thanks for the input guys. Think I will switch hard drives, and yeah I probably will need a new OS, going to have to decide if I want to make the jump to Vista, lol. Thanks again!

You might as well get Vista, it's only a little bit more expensive than XP. Make sure it's home premium x64 version.

+1 to the WD Black there.

Vista runs fine now that it has service pack 1 released. I've had no problems with it on my brother's computer.

I'm just throwing this out there, but you don't need a 750w power supply to power that system. It's alright to be future proof, in case you want to add another video card or sumtin. But a 550-600w psu could easily power that system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom