4 University machines need OS X 5.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightSurge

Fully Optimized
I have 4 staff members that want to upgrade to the Leopard 5.6 OS. Currently they are on 10.3.9. What route do I go for purchasing the software?

I know Apple has a family pack, but do they have a similar structure for businesses? I'd hate to buy 4 separate copies if there were a legal 5-pack bundle for businesses that was cheaper. Anyone?

You would ideally have to buy separate disks for each user lex, but when your in the apple store they normally have one person who deals with business and education sales get to talk to them or get there contact card atleast all apple store staff have businiss cards behind there badges.
I am taking a semi informed guess that the machines htey are going to install them on are PPC based an not intel? If so I would hurry up as Apple are dropping support for PPC processors next OS revision.

You would ideally have to buy separate disks for each user, but when your in the apple store they normally have one person who deals with business and education sales get to talk to them or get there contact card atleast all apple store staff have businiss cards behind there badges.
I am taking a semi informed guess that the machines htey are going to install them on are PPC based an not intel? If so I would hurry up as Apple are dropping support for PPC processors next OS revision.

Yes these are PowerPC G4 and G5's. Also, these will be purchased online through one of our government/education distributors since this is a university. So you think I'll have to get 4 separate copies then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom