OCed P4?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was an answer.

What are they using to cool that chip? An overclock from 2 to 3.2ghz is pretty amazing. Did you run cpu-z to confirm the model of P4 that is actually in the board?

But they can't overclock the chip, then sell it. The chip is overclocked via the BIOS, so if you moved the chip to a new PC, the overclock would no longer exist until the new PC's bios was edited to OC it. Sounds like someone just wants to swindle you into thinking you got a better deal.

A P4 from 2GHz to 3.2GHz would have to be running on quite the motherboard and on at least watercooling. I would suggest you don't visit that shop again. They're toying with you.

I disagree, P4s had deep pipe lines, they had a knack for doing some inhuman overclocking. If it was a prescott then I could see it going from 2 something to 3 something and just needing air, however they guy is pulling you leg. When you take a cpu out of the pc it looses the overclock, because you not actually changing the chip, all of the overclocking is done through the BIOS.

Well yeah, but if the owner sold him a cpu that he claimed was 2ghz stock and that he oc'ed to 3.4ghz, then that would explain it. Chances are the guy threw out some random clock speed and told him it was overclocked. bleh. Kid got ripped off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom