Maximus II Formula vs. Rampage Formula?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep :D the only thing that worries me is the northbridge has a horrible cooler on it. it's some passively cooled piece of crap with a heatpipe going through it. i only have the voltage up to 1.25v on the nb.

cpu temps have never broken 65c and that is on a crappy 90mm zigmatek cooler that is about 3 years old.

Man, my CPU temps are outrageous if I remember right... I really need to do some further research on monitoring the northbridge temps... I mainly focused on the CPU and the over all system temp... which, by the way it turns my room into a sweat machine it doesn't surprise me....

ya, i get the whole room getting hot thing too, got a ceiling fan and bam the problem was solved. the heat coming out of the back of my video card is very hot, that's what makes my room so hot.

and for some strange reason my nb does not have a temp probe, i have looked all over for it. cant find it. but i know that when i touch the heatsink it burns my hand. (yes i have a scar from when i touched it, it hurt, badly.)

as far as a cooler goes the sunbeam core contact is a very good cooler along with the tuniq 120

Interesting, and I take it you drop the multiplier to get the high FSB for the ram clock settings? If I remember correctly on mine I have to keep the Multi at 9x.. probably a standard for the Q6600?

Hey blucube, how bout i make you a deal on the rampage + a lapped TRUE 120 :)

CRAZY VDUBS GOING OUT OF BUSINESS SALE.

Well, I'd really like to go watercooled, even though the additional equipment couldn't hurt I suppose :p though right now I'm just crunching numbers... planning etc... you really wanna get rid of that board eh?

How bout i make you a deal on the board with an apogee GT waterblock :) I have too many freaking parts sitting around.

I also have 2 dangerden maze5 video card blocks.

Well, shoot me some combinations/prices... maybe it'll help sway me one way or another... as I said earlier I'm still trying to get everything lined out one way or the other and pushing numbers back and forth through my head so... but I'd like to hear what you'll offer =P

Interesting, and I take it you drop the multiplier to get the high FSB for the ram clock settings? If I remember correctly on mine I have to keep the Multi at 9x.. probably a standard for the Q6600?

alot of people lower the multi because of the high fsb when benching or for anything really. Its just faster to have a 4.5ghz cpu w/ 562 fsb 8x then 4.5ghz w/ 450 fsb 10x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom