Helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

traxxx

Solid State Member
I just recently bought a new video card (Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro), so I uninstalled my old one (Geforce 2).. Everything works fine, but when I go to play a game (ut2004), it will load for a sec and then I get the blue screen of death and have to restart.

I returned it to the manufacturer because I was getting the same thing. I talked to a tech from Sapphire and he said it had to be the card, so I got the new one and now I'm getting the same thing and the tech said he doesnt know.

BTW I didnt reload windows, I kept the current one and just uninstalled the old card and drivers. I loaded the new one and downloaded the drivers for the new card. I have all the upto date drivers, and I even tried the old drivers and I get the same thing. Do you guys have any suggestion on what could be the problem or what there is to do about it?

Thanks

could u post ur pc setup plz? what os u use, and what service pack. Hmm, tell me that, then i can help u better

Sounds like a conflict with the previous drivers. I would recommend reformatting the HDD to wipe it clean.

My Computer

AMD Althlon(TM) XP 2400+
1.99ghz
256MB of ram

microsoft windows xp
home edition
verson 2002
service pack 1

Your system is compatible with the video card. The most effective way to resolve this problem would be to reformat the HDD. This way there will not be any traces of the previous nVidia drivers.

yea, reformat ur hd, it will only take 1 hour max. Its best way to get it to work. But try this 1st.

take off any ati drivers u have. put in ur old video card. then, go to deveice manager, and select ur display adapter, and remove it.

then, make shur all drivers are uninstalled. then turn pc off, and swap the vid cards. turn pc on, and install the latest ati drivers 4.8, dont install the 4.9 beta, just to get it to work, then if u get it working, u can switch to he beta doom 3 drivers.

Hope this helped

So you think if I reformat my HDD I shouldnt have the problem anymore?

And is that the only thing I have to resort to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom