Revealing The Power of DirectX 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
^no, there gonna be uber awesome with a different shape, triangle to be exact..........lol. That would be kinda cool though. Maybe they could flip them around at the same time also.

How many people actually use it compared to slackers still using dx9.

How many people actually use it compared to slackers like mikesgroovin that still find Black and White 2, TrackMania, Team Fortress 2 and Peggle Extreme very entertaining and because they work very hard for a living and barely find the time to sleep much less get to find time to experiment with new dx versions that are required by new games and are still using dx9.

fixed

There were similar news before DX10 was out stating how good DX10 will be, but it seems that DX10 is really a big joke and overhyped

think of it this way there are barely any dx10 games out. so dont worry about dx11 yet.

Yes, and all those DX10 games can run on DX9 video cards

And to be fair, I said nothing about Vista and the time it took to install the OS. I was panning on the time it took to experiment with new dx versions and I related the "entertainment value" based on Black and White 2, TrackMania, Team Fortress 2 and Peggle Extreme which are all games... so, one might be able to guess that I was referring to the "dx10 game finding/playing" being the time consumer.... not installing the OS. I have Vista installed in a virtual machine... and no it's not hard to install. I leave it on a PC in case friends and/or clients have questions so that I can refer to it. Difficulty levels of installing OS types was never in question... it's the time... time time time. :) Something I have very little of. :(

But, going to back to the time reference... 99% of my business relationships include XP. My job requires 2000/2003/Linux servers and 2000/XP clients. There is nothing else that I can get out of Vista other than a resource for informational purposes, nor is there anything else that I want. Going back to my original statement, I'm very satisfied with the 9c game vault that I have and that I look forward to playing in my free time.... I have no need for 10 (right now :) ) I'm sure that eventually, once I have more time and once things looks promising for 11... I'll hop on the train. But, I'm not going to stand around and wait for a train that isn't coming for a long time

And to be fair, I said nothing about Vista and the time it took to install the OS. I was panning on the time it took to experiment with new dx versions and I related the "entertainment value" based on Black and White 2, TrackMania, Team Fortress 2 and Peggle Extreme which are all games... so, one might be able to guess that I was referring to the "dx10 game finding/playing" being the time consumer.... not installing the OS. I have Vista installed in a virtual machine... and no it's not hard to install. I leave it on a PC in case friends and/or clients have questions so that I can refer to it. Difficulty levels of installing OS types was never in question... it's the time... time time time. :) Something I have very little of. :(

But, going to back to the time reference... 99% of my business relationships include XP. My job requires 2000/2003/Linux servers and 2000/XP clients. There is nothing else that I can get out of Vista other than a resource for informational purposes, nor is there anything else that I want. Going back to my original statement, I'm very satisfied with the 9c game vault that I have and that I look forward to playing in my free time.... I have no need for 10 (right now :) ) I'm sure that eventually, once I have more time and once things looks promising for 11... I'll hop on the train. But, I'm not going to stand around and wait for a train that isn't coming for a long time

Which was exactly my point as to why dx11 wont be mainstream for a LONG time :)

There were similar news before DX10 was out stating how good DX10 will be, but it seems that DX10 is really a big joke and overhyped

Yes, and all those DX10 games can run on DX9 video cards
Oh my god, maroon1 has just said something, and I'm agreeing with it 100%

Yeah, when you compare screenshots of DirectX 10 games using DirectX 10 vs DirectX 9.0c, you almost never see an actual difference, unless you look REALLY hard.

but, seeing as how Windows 7 is much better liked in general than Vista on release, perhaps it might be what DirectX 11 needs to take off.

Oh my god, maroon1 has just said something that I agree with 100%

mushroom-cloud.jpg

Armagedon is near.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom