My 1st PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taste has a very good point, the 285 would blow the SLI 9800GTX+ setup out of the water.

Personally, I'd rather get the 1.5tb seagate HDD, it's the same cost as that WD. I have one, it runs great.

Thanks all, i'll be going with the 285 once I get the extra $200 for it :p

I actually just put most of my computer togeather...and am following the advice of the "How to Bench Test Your System" post. I have run into a thing or two..not sure if its a big deal or not..

The main thing was applying the Arctic Cooling MX-2 to the CPU/Fan. On the website it instructs you to *not* spread the compound, but insted apply a small amount to the center of the CPU, and then "wiggle" the fan around to spread the compound and flatten out any air pockets. The only thing is that the V8 does not "wiggle" very well becuase of the way its bolted down to the MotherBoard right as you place it onto the board. I was able to do a little wiggleing but not much, is this okay?

Secondly, i'm currently in the "let the setup sit and check out the temps" phase.. and im looking at:

System Temp: 32c
CPU Temp: 25c
MCH Temp: 37c

So, according to the "Temperature Guide", it seems my CPU is totally fine. However, how do I check my video card temp? Is the system temp okay? And what's a "MCH" :confused:

Lastley, how do I check/test the temps at "full"?

I guess that's all for now really..

So sorry for all the n00b questions! This is honestly my first build >< or doing anything to a computer busides hitting the power button...

The MCH temp is the northbridge temperature. To test your temps on load, run a benchmark program like 3DMark06, Prime95 or a simple stress test from a pc game.

You can download a program called Riva Tuner to see what your gpu temps are as well. You can do a lot with that program.

Alright, everything up and running! It all seems to work great.. I have yet to over clock but am going to do some more research on it before I give it a try..

I do have one minor annoying problem tho. It seems whenever I look at a website, the webpage seem to "bounce" up and down. Not the whole screen..just the webpage. Here's a video I took on my camera to show what I mean.. (in fullscreen its easier to see)

YouTube - Twitch?

Its kind of hard to see on the quality of my camera...but if you look..it does bounce up and down. Why? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom