*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06/03 Top List

I booted my qx6700 up at 4.6ghz back when i had my phase change cooler and couldnt even keep it stable

ok, i swear that was my last run,
with cpu maxed out, gpu core maxed out, gpu shaders maxed out, gpu memory maxed out.
nothing left to max out for me ;( i wanted 18k atleast but nogo.
perhaps if i was using xp id get a higher score. but after almost getting xp, i saw all the trouble it would be for me, so i decided not to go for it.

17,753 |tastegw| [*COLOR=green]Phenom II 940 @ 3757MHz[/color] | [*COLOR=Darkgreen]GTX 280 @ 753/1349/1563[/color] | Vista 64bit [*http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=9976410]ORB[/url]

17753furmark.jpg

ORB - Compare

What's up with the CPU overclock? Is that the max you can get period? Or the max stable?

What's up with the CPU overclock? Is that the max you can get period? Or the max stable?

thats the best my setup is allowing me. and it is capable of running 3dmark06 fine, i have to go down to 3.7 flat for vantage to run complete.

(im using the highest vcore allowed in bios, but i get mad vdrop, that may be my problem)

it just will not boot up at any of these below:

19 x 200
18.5 x 204 or higher

id love to go higher, i just cant.

so either my mobo is limiting me
or for once i got a not so good chip out of the pickings.

Could be the mobo, though I don't know a lot about that one. You should totally pick up a M3A78! ;D

Could be the mobo, though I don't know a lot about that one. You should totally pick up a M3A78! ;D

after debate, before buying anything am2+ again,

ill wait for a nice am3 board that supports sli and not made by asus
both my asus boards give/gave me trouble with vcore. im done with them.
not to mention i cant stand navagating thru their website, its plain horrid.

so to the phenom 945 + am3 mobo it is.....or i may...just may go for the i7 setup because that biostar board looks **** sweet.

i would have to compare the prices @ the time im ready.

Fair enough. I'm debating between that ASUS and a Biostar...

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TFORCE TA790GX A2+ AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

That is, if I get a 7750...it comes with the M3A78-T in a combo, and it makes it only 20 bucks more than the Biostar. Seriously debating it; I like ASUS boards a lot.

Also, it's definitely worth the money if it's ANYTHING like the 790FX version, lol.

you should steal some candy from some little kids and then sell it back to them so you could get the x3 chip@ 140ish. that little chip seems to be a very attractive chip. (not saying the 7750 isnt ;))

Trust me, I want the X3. It all depends on how much money I have when I can pull it off. Maybe I'll pick up an X3 new then grab a 7750 later for benchmarks, haha. Hussein is probably getting rid of his 7750...hmm... *evil laugh*

Trust me, I want the X3. It all depends on how much money I have when I can pull it off. Maybe I'll pick up an X3 new then grab a 7750 later for benchmarks, haha. Hussein is probably getting rid of his 7750...hmm... *evil laugh*

i almost want the x3 for just a week or so like the 7750 i had lol.

we all need a raise! so we can "rent" these chips!

Back
Top Bottom