show How much ram is likely to up if I have 4 gigs ram on 32 bit os?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stainer711

In Runtime
How much ram is likely to show up if I have 4 gigs ram on xp 32 bit with a gtx 260?

I'm thinking about ordering more ram, but I have a gtx 260 and am wondering how much I should expect to show up after all of the deductions. I currently have 2 gigs and am upgrading for Age Of Conan. Anything below 3 gigs won't be worth it. What do you guys think? Anyone have a gtx 260 and 4 gigs on a 32bit system?

Depends on whats in your system but since a gtx260 has 896mb of ram itself you would probably be down to around 3gb.

No one, and i mean no one has 4 gig's used on a 32 bit OS. Sure they may have 4 gig installed but the system will only recognize a TOTAL of 3.5 gig RAM. This includes the RAM, video memory, and any other misc. memory modules on the system that the system board may have.

Yea, I know, i'm trying to figure out whether or not my total will be above 3 gigs after all the deductions.

I used to play AoC with 2GB and it ran fine with my 8800GTX on pretty good settings @ 1680x1050. Is it really bad for you?

Mine reads it at 3.25 when I boot up XP (I duel boot) but have 4 gigs in 64 bit.

Dauntae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom