Upgrading, need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
^well we were talking about the ati x2's but it has that same issues with the nvidia 295. Well its up to the OP, at that res it would be nice to have a x2, but then again the buddy drivers and heat kinda throw a damper on that. Both are good choices.

^dang, that is a pretty nice price tag. If you go down that road though i suggest that you have good air flow in your case, and you might even want to consider aftermarket cooling for the card (not water cooling, unless you want to spend that much)

Until the card goes bad and you have to deal with sapphire customer support. Also, sapphire + changing heatsink = voided warranty. Just as an FYI.

Beware of Sapphire Warranty - Guru3D.com Forums
Heh read this. Theres a reason i wont touch sapphire with a 10 foot pole.

GPU or ASIC device (VGA) is sensitive to thermal (heat) issue. The heat sink or fan is designed to meet the requirements for reliability of the product and the warranty is rendered invalid if the product is dismantled or the heat sink or cooler fan are removed as this may causes damage to the GPU or ASIC device . Non-compliance will cause the warranty of the product to be void and repair will be at the users cost.

As far as i know, evga and xfx are the only companies that allow you to change/remove heatsink. Even taking the heatsink off to change the thermal paste would void your warranty.

^ i don't think i will ever buy out side of xfx and evga again lol. Good thing xfx now makes ati cards. That solves the problem of the warranty then, see if you can find a xfx version of that card. If you are going to choose that card that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom