Which would be better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonc506

Beta member
I was looking into getting a new computer and I seen the new I7 processor. Which is better that or quad core? Also which would be better between these two computers for playing games and browsing the internet? Also would these computers play games like Crysis? Thanks in advance.

Intel® Core™i7-920 Processor(8MB L2 Cache, 2.66GHz)
MEMORY 6GB Tri-Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1066MHz - 6 DIMMs
HARD DRIVE 500GB - 7200RPM, SATA 3.0Gb/s, 16MB Cache
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB

Intel® Core™2 Q6600 Quad-Core (8MB L2 cache,2.40GHz,1066FSB)
MEMORY 4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz - 4 DIMMs
CrossFireX, Dual ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB

The i7 is a quad core and is much better but also much more expensive. Both will play Crysis on higher settings but won't "max" it though it comes pretty close. you would have to buy something like a gtx295 to "max" it but thats about 4x the cost of a 4850.

Get the i7 build. You won't need anything else for awhile. GPU is good. Is that your only choice?
That was the best one dell would go on that model. I did want a higher graphics card but if that will play crysis type games I'd be good. Fear 2 would run on decent on max right?

Here is the complete package for the I7 one. Is there anything else I might want to up.

Intel® Core™i7-920 Processor(8MB L2 Cache, 2.66GHz)
OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium Edition SP1, 64-Bit
WARRANTY AND SERVICE 2Yr Ltd Hardware Warranty, InHome Service after Remote Diagnosis
MEMORY 6GB Tri-Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1066MHz - 6 DIMMs
OPTICAL DRIVE Single Drive: 16X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/double layer write capability
MONITORS No Monitor
VIDEO CARD ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB
SOUND CARD Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio
SPEAKERS Dell A525 30 Watt 2.1 Stereo Speakers with Subwoofer
KEYBOARD Dell USB Consumer Multimedia Keyboard
MOUSE Dell Premium Laser Mouse
FLOPPY & MEDIA READER No Floppy Drive or Media Reader Included

Seems pretty good for $1129. Does it matter that it's a studio xps?

One thing i would check if i were you is the PSU. My mom bought a dell PC with a 8800gtx in it and it came with a 375w psu. The minimum requirement for the 8800gtx is a psu with at least 450w. I had to get her to order a 5.25" bay add on psu and install it for her.

My advice would be to stay away from dell completely. Building a pc is far easier than it would seem. I managed to build my first one without any problems and i was completely PC illiterate. Dell is kind of known as the absolute worst computer makers out there.

Dell = Fail.

I would suggets you build it yourself - or pay someone or some shop to do it for you. If you go with dell you will get a more expensive system, that is less optimized for the money. You will also then have the headaches of only being able to upgrade to thier stuff as other parts wont fit because they use propritary hardware and dont stick to the standard ATX form factor.

Dell = Fail.

I would suggets you build it yourself - or pay someone or some shop to do it for you. If you go with dell you will get a more expensive system, that is less optimized for the money. You will also then have the headaches of only being able to upgrade to thier stuff as other parts wont fit because they use propritary hardware and dont stick to the standard ATX form factor.

Agreed...

Another option is to use Cyberpower, buy the basic barebone, then go on Newegg and buy he rest of the stuff if you feel intimidated by buiding (you really shouldn't though, its like a Jigsaw Puzzle [not the 1000 piece kind :p])

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom