First CPU Watercooling setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
It takes the place of having a separate reservoir in your loop.

You could use another reservoir, but there wouldn't really be any reason to...

Are you referring to the "top" it's self, or... the "top/reservoir" unit? sorry =P

Alright! Thank you that clears that up a lot... I noticed that the T-line does increase performance but they said it's very nominal... I'm not certain with this being my first time that that is something I'd wanna give a shot right off the bat... I think the reservoir-top that you recommended looks great! Though without dealing with WCing alone installing something on a pump, if you get the pump/reservoir-top is there any additional mounting pieces you need? or even barbs?

Also, I was wondering what your thoughts on a good chipset waterblock would be? and with that being said... if the pump we've selected will still be able to power the loop efficiently... another thing recently came to mind is if my PSU could handle all of the above effectively... need to look into PSU's and how they work a little more...

Also, what should one use for Thermal paste? I mainly use Arctic Silver 5... and when water cooling do you follow the same applications rules as one would on air?

get some tx-2. and yes you follow the same rules when applying it.

what psu do you have?

They work fine.

Normal barbs with worm drive clamps work just as well and only cost 3.50 a barb.

But they do look a bit messier.

thanks, and right now I only have two more questions and I think you will have hit just about everything thing for me..

1. About how much tubing would you get for a CPU wb, NB wb, Rad, Res, Pump loop...

2. And do you suppose this NB water block is compatible with the Rampage Formula? It says Rampage extreme, Rampage II extreme, and Maximus II Formula... and if I'm not mistaken the "Rampage Formula" (not listed) is based of the same boards...

Swiftech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom