Graphics Card - The struggle to find a good one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the PC2100 Ram i have at the moment is temporary... And is from a friend ( i am borrowing ) and i told him as soon as i get new ram i would give it back, and i think it would be better to get PC3200 Ram anyway, Secondly is it better to get 2x512mb PC3200 Ram, or just 1 stick of 512mb Ram PC3200, and then i could future upgrade to 1 gig... As i only have two ram slots, what do you guys think? Thanks

people say get the 9800 pro or 9600 XT i agree with them totally leaning towards the 9800 pro a little bit. you can get the 9600 XT For 130-150 dollars online if you look (check newegg.com) when the 9800 pro will end up costing you around 200 dollars. both cards in my opinion will play both Doom3 and farcry on decent reso. its really up to you.

What i suggest.
I suggest waiting for the next new video cards to come out (after the 6800 gt and the x800) or at least wait a few months for prices to drop. once that happens i think the 9800 pro and 9600 xt will both drop in price.

As for the video card I really suggest spending the bit extra and getting the 9800 Pro over the 9600 XT because they 9800 has 8 pixel pipes and the XT only has 4, and it costs you like 1.2 billion pixels a second or something. You'll get what you payed for in both cards but the 9800 is worth it.

PC3200 will work, but it will only run at 333mhz fsb. If you overclock sometime then you will want this.

Hmmmm,.,, seeing as you are only 14yrs,,, and you have limited income,, I would say ,,, STICK WITH THE PC2100!

First ,, the more ram the better,, but moreso,,you will get a good "bang" for a lesser buck,, this is the problem with kids today,, always thinking that bigger and faster is better,,, not so!!

You only have a 256 of PC2100,, sure there is faster ram but wont you get improved performance by simply going to 512 or a Gig of PC2100?? YES of course you would,, and then you would still have some pocket money towards that video card too!!

You are pushing the limit of that board by going to the PC3200,, that is the MAX of what that board can handle,, and MSI has issues (in my opinion) of what they call a "working Max",,

Seriously,, you can have a GREAT running PC with punch and all with what you have,, add the 9800 pro,, get a GIG of PC2100 ram,,

PLUS..ever consider what the drag to your Power supply will be,, and does it provide enough juice to support what you WANT to get over what will WORK??

PC3200 takes a fair chunk of power,, and the 9800 will require good juice to support,, add in your drives, burners, etc,,etc,,

Next you will need a new case,,,

First Rule: K.I.S.S - Keep It Simple, Stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom