7300GT driver problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

aricav05

Baseband Member
hello people, and thanks for taking the time to read this. First i'd like to say that i searched the forums and did not find a suitable solution to my problem.

I decided to install Windows XP on one of my old computer rigs with the following specs.
Intel P4 2.53GHz processor
Kingston 512MB DDR x2
Maxtor 120GB HDD (system)
Seagate(i think) 60GB HDD
Leadtek 7300GT graphics card; AGP
MSI PM8M-VH mobo
misc. 350W PSU

The installation went smoothly and the entire computer was fine until i installed the nvidia driver for the 7300GT. Nothing occurred right after installing the driver, yet when I opened Internet explorer to download some new updates, the screen went blank... therefore i restarted the computer. The same thing happened again and i decided to let it sit, and eventually a BSOD came up with the nv4_disp.dll error

The error also occurs when i try to access dxdiag. It shows a warning about how there was an error with direct3D and prompts me to skip it. The error is unlikely to be related to the other components as when i uninstall the nvidia drivers, the computer runs normally without crashing, regardless of what i do. With any version of the nvidia drivers installed however, the crashes always occur. I have tried many different versions of the nvidia drivers, from the leadtek site as well as from the nvidia site and the tweakforce version of the drivers. Nothing seems to work.

I installed the same drivers multiple times and in some cases with a clean install of windows XP, and therefore it is not a problem with conflicting versions of the drivers. I will try replacing the 7300GT with a 6600LE tomorrow, but i've been up for the past 6 hours working on the comp, trying to fix the blue screen. All help will be appreciated greatly! thanks in advance ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom