Angry Dell

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can't think it could hurt to try but would that cause a scan disk to freeze?

It shouldn't affect anything outside of the actual Windows environment (i.e. a Scan Disk). Could also try doing a chkdsk if you think it may be your HDD. Can do it 1 of 2 ways:

1) Open My Computer > Right cilck your drive > Properties > Tools > under 'Error Checking' click Check Now > Check both boxes > Should say it will have to be done on next reboot. Click Ok > Reboot > Let it run through (may take a while).

2) If you have the XP disc: Boot off of it > press R to enter the Recovery console > select the OS you want to do (usually the C:\Windows\, choice 1) > type in 'chkdsk /r' without the quotes. This may take a while as well.

Ok so not really sure if it helped or not but since running the chkdsk things have been running much more smoothly. Oddly though even though I had been switching back and forth between a high graphics game and the internet when I closed the game I got a blue screen of death. Coincidence or something more sinister?:confused:

What did was the BSOD? Do you know what the STOP code was, or if it had a driver file included with it?

One thing you could try, since it seems to be game related, is uninstall your GPU drivers, and reinstall the latest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom