Revealing The Power of DirectX 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
i play Diablo 2 fine in Windows Vista and that game supports DX7. Windows 7 should be fine working with DX9, and to at least support the new GUI.
It would be suicide for Microsoft to upgrade their DirectX version without supporting older versions.
i.e. they basically have to have the support.
Especially considering there still aren't that many games that use DirectX 10, compared to DirectX 9

windows vista is getting dx11 support aswell tho right? I am very comfortable with server 08 and from what I have herd windows 7 is very much like server 08.
Windows 7 is built on the Vista kernel (except it's improved, and more optimised). There's no excuse for DirectX 11 not to work on Vista.

What I'm curious to know is will the DX10 video cards support DX11? I'll be ticked if I've just purchased $1200 worth of hardware that won't support the next release of DX.

What I'm curious to know is will the DX10 video cards support DX11? I'll be ticked if I've just purchased $1200 worth of hardware that won't support the next release of DX.

nope, sry bro. If u want to support DX11, u need to buy the upcoming cards to support it.

Meh, dont worry, i just picked up 3 285s and waterblocks. DX11 will take at least another 2 years before any games come out that actually matter. Like i said earlier, just look how little dx10 support there is right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom