weird sound coming from pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaoticlegend

Solid State Member
Hey, recently after i force shutdown my pc because it freezes on me alot there has been weird sounds that comes from my computer every few minutes. It sounds like a computer dying down or "mmmmm" and the sound fades out. Is there any solution to this?

This post is in the wrong section.

But to answer your question it just seems like its your hard drive reving up and then going back down to idle speeds.

what does your PC do after you hear it rev up like that? does it freeze then?

Well it doesn't freeze it just makes the sound and then after a few minutes it makes another sound like "brrep" the opposite of the "mmmmm"

Hey, recently after i force shutdown my pc because it freezes on me alot there has been weird sounds that comes from my computer every few minutes. It sounds like a computer dying down or "mmmmm" and the sound fades out. Is there any solution to this?

This could be 2 things. Some fan that's just making noise... or most likely your hard drive when it shuts down. When hard drives get old over the years it kind of becomes like a bicycled that has it's chains rusty and un-oiled. All that spinning tends to cause noise later on and "brrrrp" you describe is possibly the rough stopping it makes from when you shut it off. How old is your hard drive? Maybe it's time to change it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom