Burning quality ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

walid97

Baseband Member
Hi,

I have an old TEAC 4x4x32, I have been using it for about 3 years now.. I want to ask about the quality of burning:

I am burining CDs without any problem, I can read data after burning without any problem, but does the quality decrease over time, does the data last as if it was a new 4x4x32 or any other burner??

for example, ok now I can read CDs without any prob, data is checked and burining is also simulated without any prob, but after a year or so I wont be able because I used an OLD, 3-year used burner ??

by the way speed is not an issue...

If this is the case, what new burner should I get ? the LiteOn ??

the age of the CD burner does not matter. When you make a CD the burner is simply using a laser to write numbers on the CD.

The only issue you will encounter is the age of the CD. Like anything CDs deteriorate over time, and eventually the CD will become unreadable. I would guess that a CD, if taken care of properly, would last 5-7 years. -But thats just a guess, it might be longer it might be shorter.

Maybe someone else has more knowledge or experiance who will give you some more input. :)

edit: click here - these guys are saying a CD-R will last 10-20 years! Cool! now I don't have to be such an anal person about my CDs :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom