Possible upgrades coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
If i were you i would save up and grab a phenom 920 or one of the new AM3 triple cores when they release and a new am2+ mobo.

The performance difference is that much greater.....going from a 4000+ to another dually wont be that much of an upgrade.

I just can't see that anytime too soon. I still need a new case because with everything getting so big it's cramped. Then I need a new gpu most definetly. To get that, a new mobo, new cpu, and will I then need new ram too? That's a complete new build lol. I got this thing about a year and a half ago, I had 0 computer knowledge at the time and thought I was building a pretty future proof machine at least for the next 2-3 years. Not so.

I just don't think I've got the money to do that big of an upgrade, I'm 17, work part time, go to school, and play football lol. There isn't a lot of money making/saving going on there. I guess I won't upgrade the cpu if I won't see any difference.

Newegg.com - NZXT Apollo Black SECC Steel Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Know anything on that case? I think I'll prolly get that case and grab a 9800 gtx+.

I'm sort of out of the loop with the new am2+ and it i7 stuff. Basically just the newer processors. I heard quad core is actually worse for gaming, so then do I really want to go am2+? And how much is a decent mobo and cpu cost?

am2+ isnt all quad core, it simply adds 1066 support.

The phenom II series is the best performing series of amd proccesors ever, so its worth the wait to grab one.

Just look up phenom II 920 on newegg.

haha, 190 bucks. I was looking at spending about 130 on a new cpu and new case. then later on 150 tops on a new gpu. thats 280 or so. For a new case, phenom II, new mobo, and new gpu I'd say i'm looking at 450 at the least. Could be done I suppose I would just have to wait longer. ahhh... the waiting game. Not sure what I want to do.. lol

I just don't think I can really have the money for that in the near future. So if I get say a 2.8ghz BE, and oc to maybe 3.0 ghz, I wont see much of a difference from what I've got now?

If you must get a dual core, then you should either go for a decent P43~P45 board paired with an E5200.

Or the X2 7750 from AMD.

Both are great chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom