Will my PSU be enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
128*4=512
216*2=432

But he GTX 200 Core will more then make up for it........ and then some.

Its hard enough finding games that have good 2 way sli/crossfire support, let alone quad sli.

Yeah, have 2 already, got them from my brother in law for $100 total. Waiting on two more from poizen...essentially got 4 8800gts for under $350. To get a 260 here in CAN would cost me about $400 after taxes and S&H. Would probably go that route if i hadn't gotten the good deal from my brother in law.

But eventually will want to sell and upgrade so am curious when I'll be pushing the psu's limits.

[edit]couldn't care less about SLI and gaming, is pure folding rig. I game one day a year (family CS:S lan/meatfest party I host)...i keep saying I will pick up the new games...I buy them....then never have time to play them. Full time job, 2 kids and wife, side business and finishing my masters of science. busy.[/edit]

128*4=512
216*2=432

But he GTX 200 Core will more then make up for it........ and then some.

Its hard enough finding games that have good 2 way sli/crossfire support, let alone quad sli.

Not just the number of shaders, the performance from two GTX 260's is greater than four 8800GTS 512's.

Yeah, have 2 already, got them from my brother in law for $100 total. Waiting on two more from poizen...essentially got 4 8800gts for under $350. To get a 260 here in CAN would cost me about $400 after taxes and S&H. Would probably go that route if i hadn't gotten the good deal from my brother in law.

But eventually will want to sell and upgrade so am curious when I'll be pushing the psu's limits.

[edit]couldn't care less about SLI and gaming, is pure folding rig. I game one day a year (family CS:S lan/meatfest party I host)...i keep saying I will pick up the new games...I buy them....then never have time to play them. Full time job, 2 kids and wife, side business and finishing my masters of science. busy.[/edit]

Ah cool then.

If i could find a pair of 260's for cheap then i would sell my 8800's and grab them instead since the performance per watt is much greater.

Yeah, the dollar has killed my "buying brand new" plans, now i spend my time cruising the classifieds. Anyways, will have to put up a build log soon, just need the last two cards and then I can start cutting the antec 1200.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom