looking for a monitor or tv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right but a 1080p tv will run 1080p res on a computer, so if it's going to double as a htpc then a 1080p tv might not be the best choice. And even on normal cable a 32" and up 1080p tv will look a whole **** of a lot better than a 720p tv of comprible size.

a 720P tv IS a 1080i tv. They are the same thing. And it does not matter on the tv's native resolution, what would be being broadcasted into the TV would not be 1080p unless he were watching blu ray. Thought you get more pixels from 1080i, 720p is often said to be better. It updates twice as fast therefore getting less motion blur/twitter effect. So in reality, since a 720P tv is also 1080i, it has the same amount of pixels and therefore can be set to the same resolution of a 1080p tv, without wasting the extra money.

yeah but i'm also gaming and want the 1920x1200 res so going with the monitor is my best bet because most tvs with that res or higher are more expensive. for me 1080i or p isn't enough. i'm building this computer to last for at least 4 years and hopefully more. if you look at the rest of my build, the most i'd have to do is a 2nd hd and gpu, which would basically future proof me for that time. then i can play this game again and give this one to my sons who will be 9 and 7 and still more than enough for them.

I wouldn't count on 4 years with a gtx 260. Especially at that res. You are going to want atleast a gtx 285 for that res. That should last you a solid 2-3 years, possibly 4 with a 285 or 295 depending on what type of games you play

i've had several people tell me i'll be fine. I plan on sli'ing another 260 within a year and they said that will be almost the same as a 295. if i have to i'll put a third card in or upgrade later. my mobo and case have plenty of room

Mostly WoW now, but i'm planning on expanding my horizons. Putting in a blu-ray player too and this will be in my bedroom, so i'll be using it for that also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom