Possible upgrades coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asus M2N-e is AM2/AM2+ compatible....

I do not believe so, at least the specs for the board I saw it was not. I could very well be wrong though. It's starting to be an olderish board, and I don't think it originally was made for AM2+. It might be that it's backwards compatible via a BIOS flash. Idk I need to figure that out. Anybody know anything about that case I posted though?

- AMD Live!â„¢ Ready
- Support AMD Socket AM2 CPU
- NVIDIA nForce 500 SLI Technology
- Dual channel DDR2 800
- IEEE 1394a
- ASUS Q-Connector

Those are the specs I pulled up on ASUS website.

Thresh there are a lot of mother boards that don't claim to be AM2+. But AM2+ chips still drop right in and chug away.

Check out the list of CPU's supported instead.

All i had to do was a bios update to run the 5000+ BE in my old AM2 board, the regular m2n-e.

Ahh great! you're the man I need to talk to, how do I do a bios update, and which one do I choose. I'd greatly appreciate a response from you since you have experience with the board.

Easy... just choose the latest one... most of the boards come with an easy Install firmware...

Or if you have a Floppy Drive/Bootable Jump Drive, you are have the ability to flash the BIOS with the Utility

Bah, thats jargon to me that I don't really understand. I sort of need a step by step lol... Or exactly which one I need. I posted the Asus website in this thread, if I was just told which one to install or w/e.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

that's the page I got to. I don't see the 7750 anywhere on there.

edit: bah i guess when u copy the link it makes u start over. well i went to search cpu using motherboard. then
socket am2/am3/am2+
then m2n-e sli
pressed okay, and no 7750 be was in the list.

Edit: I searched by cpu which was amd athlon x2, then athlon x2 7750 + for type, and then it came up with a list. the m2n-e is supported, the m2n-sli is supported, however the m2n-e sli is not listed. i might be SOL.

Gah, that's frustrating. the m2n-e and the m2n-sli support it, but the m2n-e sli doesn't. odd.

All right between these,

45w... 2.6ghz is more watts better?? sort of confused there..
Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 5050e Brisbane 2.6GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 45W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

65w 2.8ghz
Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400 Brisbane 2.8GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops'

black edition at 2.8ghz
Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400 Brisbane 2.8GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core black edition Processor - Processors - Desktops

Will I see much of an increase from a 2.1ghz OC'ed to 2.3ghz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom