Helpp!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

upshutdown

Solid State Member
Hey all...problem that is stumping me...so i just got a computer upgrade as follows

9800GTX+
core 2 duo processor 2.8 GH model number e7400
and 2 slots of 2 gig ddr2 ram

i already have a 550 watt power supply and MSI p965 platinum motherboard
i am almost 100 percent sure all this is sufficient

so my problem is, i start up my comp and the initial MSI loading screen comes up...It tells me all the usual:
Motherboard make, then processor installed, Press DEL to run Setup, Press F11 for BBS POPUP, The MCH is operating with DDR2 CL5/Trcd5/Trp5/Tras12, Initializing USB controllers .. Done.
4096 MB OK
then it just stays there...does not let me enter setup, does not continue...any ideas what could be wrong?

Can you get into the BIOS? Have you tried pulling the battery to clear the CMOS?

No i can not get into the Bios, and how do i pull the battery to clear CMOS?

it could be a noob fix...but i have no idea...help would be great guys :)

Ok so i pulled the cmos battery...nada...im starting to think its something with my hdd maybe? not detecting one? but i cant get into the bios...im pretty sure all is good with connecting HD, 2 cords in...power, and sata data cord
suggestions?

Try disconnecting your hard drive and see how it boots. If there is no difference, start pulling other components (like RAM) and see if you get any messages from it. Basically you are checking to see if the mobo has any dead places.

You can try connecting your serial cable to a differenet serial port. If you rmotherboard has two banks of them, connect to a port in the other bank.

no i did not...i was just about to say i think its the processor...so what do i do...do i need to put my old processor in to update the bios?

Yeah that's probably the easist way unless you can put the update on a flash drive or something and flash/update the bios that way, then you won't have to pull the new cpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom