looking for a monitor or tv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually that's very wrong. You actually will never see your 1080 P resolution unless streaming from a blu ray. That is the only thing that broadcasts in 1080 P. As far as high definition or standard defintion cable or anything, it is shown in 720P/1080i or lower.

I work in electronics, mostly selling TVs. However, I would NOT recommend the TOC Samsung, or any Samsung for that matter. They have great dynamic colors, but the true colors are poor as well as the sharpness. And that isn't even the big issue, Samsungs seem to ALWAYS go bad. More than any other TV we sell, Samsungs have the most problems, more than even Proscan, Element, Sharp, or any crap brand you can think of. I'm not sure if it's they same with monitors, but as far as TVs go, Samsungs SUCK.

I'm not sure how that proves me wrong... I just said computers look worse on TVs. If you have a 1080P TV, graphics cards can output to that resolution through HDMI therefore giving you that resolution. Its probably 1080i, but still. Computer monitors pack more pixels into smaller screens which makes them look better than TVs when using a computer.

I was just saying by getting a 1080P tv, you aren't improving anything unless watching blu ray. 720P = 1080i. Therefore there is no reason to cash out the extra dough IMO for 1080P. Unless all you do is watch blu ray.

1080i has more pixels than 720p. 1080i is 1920x1080 pixels and the i stands for interlaced. 1080p is 1920x1080 pixels with progressive scan.

anyways, I didn't tell him to get a 1080p TV, he just asked whether it was possible to use TVs as computer monitors.

thanks for the help. i've been looking at the hannsg but wanted more hdmi. i have found out about their new brand hannspree that has 2 hdmi and i'm going with that.

I run a 27" 720p tv and it looks amazing, granted all i do is watch movies on it from like 10ft away and things are kind of small... but depending on how far you're gonna be away from it a tv can sometimes be a better choice

TVs are meant to be viewed from that distance so it will look great but if he is using it more as a computer monitor (or atleast equally) it won't look as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom