Almost wishing i had bought a comp. from best buy :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyrocc

Solid State Member
I Finally got the new build to boot my OS (Microsoft vista ultimate 64 bit).
What finally worked was switching the RAM into different slots.

BUUUUUUTTTTT

there are still many issues arising that i have been working on as often as i possibly i can.

Every time i turn it on it goes to the "windows error recovery" and wont let me click up or down to choose like safe mode. Also last know good configuration isn't a choice. The first time it did this it went to the Blue Screen of Death. (physical mem. Dump) From there i turned it off. I turned it back on and it did the same thing but this time i let it start itself back up and it turned on and then my auto stuff came on (AIM, and About). Then it BSOD (physical mem dump) and turned off!!

Ive had a csc error before, The boot menu is frozen and ive never been able to change anything in there. . . it lets me into bios fine...

Ideas please please please.. I would appreciate it so much?

Thanks

When you have that screen with boot options, you have to use the keyboard. The mouse won't work till you get into the OS. From your use of "click up or down" I assumed you meant with the mouse. If you use the keyboard it should let you move with the arrow keys to make your selection.

Also, what issues exactly have you been having?

Another thing that can help us is if you tell us the exact error message of those Blue Screens. They will include data such as:

THIS_IS_AN_ERROR

File ntfs.swe is corrupt or missing... blah blah blah...

STOP: 000000000x00000007E (0000c000s023000x00s00c000350x00200300c0g)

Get all that information and we will be able to help you out in finding the culprit.

"click up or down" I assumed you meant with the mouse.

Thanks for responding! I knew this and was using the keyboard.
Also the BSOD is flashing away so quickly that i cannot tell what the error code is . . .

it looked close to something like this . . .
STOP: 000000000x00000007E (0000c000s023000x00s00c000350x00200300c0g)

^ thats from yours

Its also hard because they do not come everytime

What finally worked was switching the RAM into different slots.

Download Memtest86+ and boot from it. Run it for about 4 hours. This will check your memory for errors. Memory problems are one of the most common reasons for BSOD's.

Ive got a copy that im getting this evening: I ran it a few nights ago when my system wouldnt boot. My RAM had like 3200 errors?

Download Memtest86+ and boot from it. Run it for about 4 hours. This will check your memory for errors. Memory problems are one of the most common reasons for BSOD's.

Yep yep.

Also, if your BSOD is flashing away quickly, there should be an option under the boot options to "Disable Automatic Reboot after System Failure" or something, but if it isn't letting you navigate that boot options menu, then I guess that won't help either.

I'm guessing it is a RAM issue as well. I would suggest running Memtest like CrazeD said, or just try booting with only one stick of RAM in at a time. If you get it to boot up with one stick, but it fails when the other stick is in, it could just be that one stick of RAM is bad.

EDIT: Yeah if you had 3200 errors, try them individually, and if both fail to boot, try a different stick of RAM entirely.

Well im on the computer were talking about right now, and its recognizing all 4 gigs out of both sticks? Also its only occasionally that its not booting or BSOD straight from desk top.
I will run the mem test. Could the Mobo be tested at all?

The mobo can't really be tested, except by process of elimination.

Faulty RAM is very random and picky. Sometimes it will work fine with no problems, other times it just screws up. The fact that you got 3200 errors pretty much says that your RAM is the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom