system error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chances are there is a bad stick of ram that windows is actualy using, run memtest on each individual stick for a bit, atleast 3 passes, till you do all the sticks, if they pass then it could be a bad install or drivers. Also, that error in Vista 64bit can be two things, bad ram or not having a patch that enables use above 3gb...

currently its running vista 32 bit, i am going to upgrade to 64 bit when the disk comes in...thanks for all the help guys..i posted on two other forums and you guys are the only ones to respond. please keep the advice coming

pulled all sticks out but one and am getting the same error...i dont have another pc with a cd drive so unless you can load a iso on a flash drive i cannot run the other program suggested.

i ran the memory diagnostic on all 4 sticks for 60 cycles each and none of them came up with errors...but when all 4 are in place i get an error. however it does the same blue screen even with one, two, three, or four sticks. my vista 64 bit and my new ram should be in around the same time this week. should i insert one stick of my new 2gb 1066 ram and do a clean install of vista, wipe away all data on all harddrives and see if maybe this cleans things up?

If you don't really have any attachment to your current installation go for it. Clean installs with everything wiped on all drives would ensure it isn't a software problem if it keeps happening after the new hardware is installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom