Motherboard Will Not Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

system_guy

Beta member
Hi, Ok so I have this problem where the cpu fan spins, the video card fan spins, the hard drive spins, the lights come on, but my cpu remains cold and as if it was never activated or turned on. I get no POST beeps. Even if I leave the board running with the cpu in the socket for 20 minutes the cpu is still cold. I'm not quite sure why the cpu doesn't work. It was verified to be working in another system, as well as the motherboard when tested. This is a brand new system I am trying to put together. It's possible I have have connected something wrong or not at all. I'm not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

My System Hardware Used is as follows....
Motherboard: P5Q3 Deluxe/WiFi-AP @n
CPU: E8600
Ram: OCZ3C13331G
Video Card: Nvidia EVGA 9800 GTX+
Hard Drive: ST3320620AS
Power Supply: PPCS500

Are you sure all the cables are plugged in correctly? Maybe you missed out the CPU 4-pin.

Well it has an 8 pin CPU connection. So I plugged the 8 pin power supply connecter into 8 pin motherboard connector.

try switching the slots on the RAM, and also just use one stick at a time. i have the same problem when i try to boot with some defective OCZ ram on my p5q deluxe.

hm, but if I don't put any ram and just have the power supply, cpu and motherboard I should get beeps right? To tell me that there is no ram detected.

hmmm man i dont know on that mobo. i think you should because i think i do. but ive never booted with no ram, so im not certain. when i boot using only the defective ram i get no beeps. all fans, gfx and hdds run, but no beeps or POST. just a blank screen.

Could be ram. Should beep though without any ram at all in there, I think. Well my understanding is that, cpu not working = no post or beeps. Maybe PSU is the problem. Yeah this problem has got me beat.

if the cpu worked on another mobo, it could be the mobo that is the problem.

the 8 pin cpu connector you said you hooked up, is that right next to the main mobo power connection? if so, Yamikotai is talking about a different connection.

you may be forgetting to hook up the 4 pin power that is located away from the long 20/28pin power connector.

also, did you hook up the case speaker to the mobo correctly? if u have it backwards or on the wrong pins it wont beep.

hope this made sense/helps good luck!

you may be forgetting to hook up the 4 pin power that is located away from the long 20/28pin power connector.

20/24 pin. :p

If you don't get beeps, make sure the speaker works. If the speaker works and you don't get beeps, then either the CPU is bad or the motherboard is bad.

try the ram.. sounds like it could be that or you don't have all the connections put together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom