Possible upgrades coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thresh25

Daemon Poster
So current computer is in the signature, starting to get old by today's standards. I don't really have the money to go all out and build a monster machine, and to me this still runs well. I do however want a new cpu and case. I like my current case, got it for a **** of a price, but it I bought an aftermarket cooler and that barely fits, and I want to get a new video card and those things are getting big.

Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache 2MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 95W Dual-Core black edition Processor - Processors - Desktops

Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400 Brisbane 2.8GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core black edition Processor - Processors - Desktops

Those are the 2 cpus, I don't know much about them, it seems the slower one is 2 dollars more expensive. I'm confused

Newegg.com - NZXT Apollo Black SECC Steel Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

That is the case I'm looking at, seems big and looks nice. Relatively cheap and comes with 2 fans, and I've already got two running so four fans total seems like it'd cool nicely.

Last is the video card, I haven't heard much about MSI for nvidia cards, and when I went to the specs, it left some things out, which usually isn't a good sign.

Newegg.com - MSI N9800GTX Plus-512M OC GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Anybody know much about that card? Worth getting, it's a very low low price. Thanks in advance, sorry for sort of a 2nd thread, but the other wasn't getting answered.

EDIT: I believe the "kuma" or whatever is socket am2+ so that would not work on my motherboard anyways.

I was going to go with that, but I edited my post, I don't believe it'd work on my motherboard.

Wow, really??? I have NEVER heard that. That would be awesome, I was almost debating on getting a new motherboard. Can anyone else confirm this?

Edit: I haven't ever updated my BIOS for my motherboard i got to this...ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

page, do I download the BIOS-utilities first, or just go to BIOS and update something. Again I have the Asus m2n-e SLI with windows xp 32bit

Yeah I googled it. One site said it was backwards compatible. The other said it is via BIOS update. I have never updated my BIOS and don't really know what to do, and which thing to download or install or w/e.

7750 just dropped in price, too. 70 bucks on the egg, down from 83. Great processor for the cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom