looking for a monitor or tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtep81

Baseband Member
getting ready to build a new i7 rig and need a large monitor or tv 26" or above, to use for monitor and bedroom tv. need at least 1080p, but would like X1200 res. anyone with an idea please post. i'm going to be ordering in a week or so and this is the last piece of the puzzle.

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER HAF 932 RC-932-KKN1-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Newegg.com - ASUS P6T Deluxe LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
Newegg.com - EVGA 896-P3-1255-A1 GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
Newegg.com - Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
Newegg.com - CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives
Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 22X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM SATA 22X DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners
Newegg.com - LG Black 6X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R 6X Blu-ray DVD-ROM 4MB Cache SATA Internal Blu-ray Burner Super Multi Blu-ray Disc Burner & HD DVD-ROM Drive Model GGW-H20L - Blu-Ray Burners
and a few other small odds and ends.

I don't have hdtv yet but will be upgrading that soon also so 2 hdmi ports would be a definite plus. as you can see from the above, money is not a huge issue, but i would like to stay around $350-$550, otherwise i would just get a X1200 res 30". and i am not against using refurb or recond.

thanks for the info. i was looking at the 28" hanns, but it doesn't have enough hookups for me. the samsung looks awesome. do you know if it comes in 28". it would be worth breaking the bank for that. samsung is my preference, but they are usually too much, but with all those accesories, ie plug ins, it is definitely worth it here.

It is possible to use a TV set instead of computer monitor? Is this just to monitor security cameras?

Yes it is possible but TVs have lower resolution than computer monitors and therefore won't look as good unless you are using a 1080p TV, then it will look decent.

Yes it is possible but TVs have lower resolution than computer monitors and therefore won't look as good unless you are using a 1080p TV, then it will look decent.

Actually that's very wrong. You actually will never see your 1080 P resolution unless streaming from a blu ray. That is the only thing that broadcasts in 1080 P. As far as high definition or standard defintion cable or anything, it is shown in 720P/1080i or lower.

I work in electronics, mostly selling TVs. However, I would NOT recommend the TOC Samsung, or any Samsung for that matter. They have great dynamic colors, but the true colors are poor as well as the sharpness. And that isn't even the big issue, Samsungs seem to ALWAYS go bad. More than any other TV we sell, Samsungs have the most problems, more than even Proscan, Element, Sharp, or any crap brand you can think of. I'm not sure if it's they same with monitors, but as far as TVs go, Samsungs SUCK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom