*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

I think it would.

The previous phenoms were only 2mb cache and 65nm...going down to 45nm and adding the extra cache is what made the chips so much faster.

adding the L3 may have made it faster overall, but the L2 is the same size as the previous phenoms. i dont think superpi is conditional on the L3 cache, though i may be mistaken.

vern an L2 cache increase wouldnt do anything for deneb. the L3 cache is only 2mb smaller than a nehalem.
the IMC eliminates the need for a large L2 cache like the 9450 has. which is why nehalem has a smaller L2 cache than deneb (4 x 256 nehalem vs 4 x 512 for deneb).

Funny thing is... I saw on some Xbit labs reports that said something like The Phenom II is a solid processor, however its lack of high cache makes it get beaten clock per clock to higher cached Intels like the q9450

lol those guys sometimes. nah...that has nothing to do with why it gets beaten clock for clock. they dont need the cache like the kentsfied/yorkfield quads, it would be totally pointless for them to have such a large L2. its simply a matter of efficiency and which program we're talking about. and there aint that much difference, the PII rocks at some things way better than yorkfield. ricans 3dmark cpu score obliterates mine.

The phenom 2 is just as good at day to day tasks including gaming. Where the core 2s really pull away is in benchmarking, 3dmark, super pi etc.

The phenom 2 is just as good at day to day tasks including gaming. Where the core 2s really pull away is in benchmarking, 3dmark, super pi etc.

superpi indeed. but, like i said...ricans cpu score in 3dmark SMOKES mine at the same clock.

new sligtly updated score

superpi indeed. but, like i said...ricans cpu score in 3dmark SMOKES mine at the same clock.

lol, smokes. at the same score mine and his score's are about 500-600 points off. and i'm running vista ultimate and he is running xp.

aint the score around 5800ish?

I was getting a little over 5900 with a q6600 at 3.8ghz :/ If you are not getting 5800 with your yorkie at 3.8ghz then there's another reason.

Back
Top Bottom