i7 920 Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang.. what if I get another cheap build? lol, I wonder if I'm really gonna upgrade three computers.. A P4, dual core wolfdale, and a i7! lol, my whole family can play on the computers now. ;D

I saw a Gigabyte UD3P at Fry's and the sales guy said it was a good mobo for OCing, and it can use crossfire. They also had a Asus P5Q deluxe for like $200, but the UD3P was only $135. And is that Gskil RAM I picked any good? Which Nvidia company is better: BFG, or EVGA?

Dual core build:

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 Wolfdale 2.8GHz 3MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

Newegg.com - Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120mm "Core Contact Freezer" CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

Newegg.com - G.SKILL PI Black 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Newegg.com - XFX HD-485X-YDFC Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER RC-690-KKN1-GP Black SECC/ ABS ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Black 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 22X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 22X DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG T220 Rose-Black 22" 2ms GTG Touch of Color series Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 20,000:1 - LCD Monitors
Is there any better monitors for the price? I can get this for $200 at fry's.

Sorry to double post*

Hey guys, am I good to go with a EVGA GTX295, and that Gskill kit? And are both of my builds good? I found out, if I got recieved some stuff outside of newegg, like from tigerdirect, I son't have to pay tax, but I found some stuff that I wanted that was more expensive on newegg, so are there any other sites that sell cheap, and not based in California? lol, I sound rich with all of this nice hardware, but I seriously don't wanna pay that much tax, since I already got tax refunds.. T.T

How do you guys feel about those watercooling setups at Fry's? I might get one, because they said they can take 15% off. :) I will also buy some other stuff there, like the E7400.

Sorry to double post*

Hey guys, am I good to go with a EVGA GTX295, and that Gskill kit? And are both of my builds good? I found out, if I got recieved some stuff outside of newegg, like from tigerdirect, I son't have to pay tax, but I found some stuff that I wanted that was more expensive on newegg, so are there any other sites that sell cheap, and not based in California? lol, I sound rich with all of this nice hardware, but I seriously don't wanna pay that much tax, since I already got tax refunds.. T.T

How do you guys feel about those watercooling setups at Fry's? I might get one, because they said they can take 15% off. :) I will also buy some other stuff there, like the E7400.

Check out Microcenter for processors, you can usually get some good deals there.

I would avoid buying a water cooling Kit at Fry's.

The Danger Den kits aren't bad per say, but they really aren't great. There's a lot better stuff out there.

Why is the i7 the only thing worth buying?! They're selling a PNY GTX295 for $550.. do you think they will sell DDR3 cheap at the store? I guess I will buy the expensive stuff at Tiger Direct, some stuff on newegg, and the i7 on microcenter.. o.o

What's the return policy for Tiger Direct?

Microcenter has good deals on cpus, but it is instore pickup only. I could have saved like $65 on my i7, but the closest one is almost an hour away, and I am that lazy.

As for your earlier ram question that I don't think anyone answered, I would go with the cheaper stuff since they are both 1600 and have the same timings. However, the ram you listed in your first post had 7-7-7-24. I believe that that is the better ram. The last number is throwing me off, but I would think that the first three being lower is worth more than the last one being higher. I honestly don't know what the difference between each number is, so if someone could check this statement to make sure I'm not telling him the wrong thing, that would be nice.

Yeah, eVGA is a nice company. You'll be happy getting the card from them. They give you a lifetime warranty and ocing coverage. I'm not sure if XFX does that. They might. I guess they do let you transfer the warranty if you would ever sell it, but you won't be unhappy with eVGA. I've just ordered a gtx 285 from them myself.

To Aspire: How do you always find the topics with watercooling? I've noticed you scarcely post in other topics from this section, but you always find the watercooling topics. Do you just do a search for water cooling or something? lol

To Aspire: How do you always find the topics with watercooling? I've noticed you scarcely post in other topics from this section, but you always find the watercooling topics. Do you just do a search for water cooling or something? lol

I just browse through threads and post in the ones that are relevant to my interests.

In this case, water cooling is my interest.

I also have a network of spies that link me to threads where water cooling is being discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom