gskill ram too good to be true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what you are planning on doing but you certainly aren't going to need 8-12g ram. 6 is plenty for just about anything these days.

Well firstly that is a 4GB set, and you will want 3 or 6 GB sets seeing as i7 runs in tri-channel which is alot faster than dual channel.

Secondly that ram runs at 1.8v, and considering the limit for i7s should be 1.65v that ram could severely damage your cpu, unless you really know what you doing. In any case you shouldnt use it for an i7 build.

So yes, its too good to be true for an i7 build. These are more what you should be looking for:

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

^ and thats at a pretty good price for them.

1.8 V + Core i7 is bad... the RAM runs at the same voltage as the CPU so, that'll fry your Core i7 very fast

Well firstly that is a 4GB set, and you will want 3 or 6 GB sets seeing as i7 runs in tri-channel which is alot faster than dual channel.

Secondly that ram runs at 1.8v, and considering the limit for i7s should be 1.65v that ram could severely damage your cpu, unless you really know what you doing. In any case you shouldnt use it for an i7 build.

So yes, its too good to be true for an i7 build. These are more what you should be looking for:

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

^ and thats at a pretty good price for them.

I think this would work as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom